15th of October 2019 grade 5B had there first year going to Toonalook. Toonalook was enjoyed by 5B very much, especially the king ball courts. Expo and the shoe games were also some of 5B’s favourite things on camp. Toona challenge and Gaga ball amazed 5B by how fun they were. 

On the way to Toonalook we stopped at a place called Yarragon. It was about 1 hour and 30 minutes to get there. Then we finished the last 2 hours or so to get to Toonalook. My first impression of Toonalook was reasonably high but the mosquitoes were really annoying. The girls cabins were visible so they put there bags there and the boys dragged their bags to Lyall Hall. 

The first night was a ball. A ‘world class classified’ shoe game tournament begun. There were two teams, the Champions and VSCO. I was part of VSCO. VSCO was winning until the teachers decided to award the Champions 10 points for good chanting which evened it. I know, unfair!

Even though it was a little unfair with those last minute points we still had so much fun and really enjoyed it.

King Ball was a game that was originated by the Outdoor Education staff in Toona. King ball is basically the exact same game as 4 square but there are circles instead  of squares. In the year five version you can also keep tapping the ball up. The ‘King Ball’ could bounce in your circle twice then it had to touch another persons circle. This was what took up most our free time

We had to demonstrate the use of knowledge in expo while playing Empires. Empires is a game that first starts off with individuals choosing a character of famous actor. The referees then read out each person character in a random order keep the people anonymous. Then the greatest guessing game begins. If you get guessed you join the person who guessed you’s team. The person with the largest empire wins. We couldn’t have played this without the referees, Emily and Charlie.

Along the way we made a music video. The video was to the song called ‘I’m Coming Home’ by Shepard. The reason why we chose this song was because Toonalook is Carey’s second home. We made parts of the song different special moments during camp. Moments like… koala spotting, bike riding, sunrise, fishing, boat ride and heaps other more. 

Have you ever been in Gippsland? If so, were have you been?

Leo

5 thoughts on “Camp Toonalook

1. Hi Leo,
    I thought camp was so much fun. One of my favourite activities was when we went on the speed boat it went so quick. The only place I have been in the Gippsland Lakes is of course Toonallook?

What was your favourite camp that you have been on?

2. Hi Leo ,
    We loved watching 5 B music video , I liked the song “Coming Home” you are a great singer and it looks like you all had fun dancing around

3. Hi Leo,
    I enjoyed reading your post about camp at Toonalook. It sounds like fun, especially making the music video. I wouldn’t have liked the mosquitoes either. They can be annoying. I haven’t been to the Gippsland area at all yet, but I had a look at it on Google Maps. It looks beautiful. What a wonderful spot. The mosquitos must have thought so too. 🙂
    I hope you enjoy the Student Blogging Challenge and learn lots.
    Best wishes,
    Norah